Sunday, June 24, 2007

Athens: God's country

Today we went to Athens, Ga to see where Mommy and Daddy went to college. We went to visit their old church, Redeemer Presbyterian. I was not super happy in the nursery. I needed to be held the whole time:( After that things got better. We went to the Varsity for lunch, and I drank most of Daddy's Frosted Orange. Yummy!!!

This is the Arch. I have a book with a picture of this in it, but I have never seen it in person. Very exciting!

Do you think it is too early to apply?

This is the bench on north campus were Mommy and Daddy used to come all the time. They even got engaged here.
Daddy and I rang the Victory Bell to finish off the afternoon. After that I was tired out, and needed a nap.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, what a fun afternoon! You look so cute in your pictures. Even Gracie got to go with you!!!

keri said...

such a sweet picture of you and your mommy on the bench! and you are one smart girl drinking your daddy's "FO"...those are yummy! :)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm so sad we weren't in Athens to see y'all! I'm glad you had fun though!

Rachel Norris

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

There was no distracting Aly when that frosted orange straw was in her mouth! I love it!

Melissa said...

I'm hungry - let's hit The Varsity!

Rebecca said...

How great! You know I'm jealous you got to be in Athens. But how great she got to be introduced to one of the greatest towns ever! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think that this is the post with the MOST comments, but hey. Who wouldn't want to comment on two of my favorite things. Alli, and UGA! Alli, you look so cute and when I'm a UGA, you can come and stay with me for a night like I did with your mommy!