Saturday, August 29, 2009

What a gift!

While we were at the beach this past week, Mommy and Daddy had their 7th Wedding Anniversary. Monday night we celebrated it with the group. Aunt Catherine and Uncle Brett surprised Mommy and Daddy with a gift of new quilts for Gracie and my beds. Uncle Brett's Mommy, Mrs. Cheryl, made them. Now this is the kind of Anniversary gift I like! Something for me!!! Mommy was so excited and surprised she cried as soon as she saw them.
As soon as we got home today we put it on my bed to see how it looked. BEAUTIFUL! I think my dolls look so nice on it.

The tops have our monograms on them.
This picture is to show the intricate stitching of the design on the quilt.
This is Mrs. Cheryl's special way of tagging the quilts. We owe a big thank you to Aunt Catherine, Uncle Brett, and Mrs. Cheryl!!! We feel so loved with this wonderful gift!






5 comments:

Emily said...

those are awesome!

The Family Senter said...

what a sweet gift!
those will be special always I'm sure!
so glad you guys had a good trip and a good anniversary!
love you friend!
miss you!

Cheryl L said...

Wow, your mommy was really quick at getting them on your beds!!! I'm so glad you all loved them as much as I loved making them! It was wonderful getting to spend all week with you at the beach. Mr. Larry will miss playing in the sand with you!!

Rebecca D. Martin said...

Wow - those quilts are beautiful (what lovely stitch work and fabric!), and so perfect in the girls' room! And the monograms . . . What a thoughtful and special thing to give. I would have cried, too!

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's *seven*.

Claire said...

Wow! The quilts are beautiful. I can't wait to see them in person.